Game Analyst (Mobile)
Outright Games is a leading publisher of licensed children’s games. We work with global family favourite franchises to bring their stories and characters to life, across titles including Paw Patrol, Jumanji, Transformers and How to Train your Dragon.
Having focused primarily on console releases, we are now working with our market-leading brand partners to expand into the mobile games market. Following the successful launch of our first mobile game, L.O.L. Surprise! Movie Maker for iOS and Android, in September 2020, we are building our in-house mobile game publishing team.
This is an exciting time to join Outright Games Mobile. As one of the early team members you will have an important role to play in shaping the direction, culture and success of our newest department. With an ever-growing runway of titles ready to head into production, anyone who joins the company will get to hit the ground running in our “best of both” environment – a start-up division within a larger established business.
Outright Games Mobile is looking to hire an experienced Game Analyst, who will report directly to the Head of Mobile Games. This is one the first key hires for the new mobile division.
Our office is based in central Bristol, but we will accept remote applications from UK-based candidates as well. Occasional attendance at the Bristol office is likely to be required of a remote employee once permissible and appropriate.
The Game Analyst will be responsible for:
- Accuracy of and on-going access to data across multiple game titles
- Lead optimisation & A/B testing function across multiple titles, including working closely with monetisation, growth and design to improve creatives and deliver better users to our titles
- Continuously performing and documenting target market and competitor analysis, including playing games to a useful standard and understanding what makes them successful
- Finding stories, opportunities, and issues in the data and providing actionable insights of varying technical ability
- Communicating findings via coherent reports and high quality visual methods using the extensive data available through our platforms
Skills and Requirements
Experience – essential
- Extensive experience in a similar analytical role dealing with multiple data tools and understanding KPIs and cohorts, along with experience of turning it into actionable decisions
- Experience working in a LiveOps environment
Experience – desirable
- Data experience in mobile and console games would be a big advantage
- Experience in statistics, modelling, or other useful techniques
- Experience of getting apps featured in stores
- Experience of the children’s games environment, with its unique legal and analytical considerations
- An organised and motivated self starter who can hit the ground running
- Very strong communication and presentation skills
- Comfortable with numbers, with an instinctive approach to quantifying any problem
- Knowing the fundamentals of GaaS and the important KPIs
- Very strong technical and analytical skills and the ability to help define a data pipeline
- Strong understanding of tools across all relevant data layers: mobile attribution tools such as AppsFlyer, Adjust, Singular, Kochava et al.; cloud storage; data lakes; data visualisation tools such as GameAnalytics, DeltaDNA, Tableau, QuickSight etc; LiveOps; in-game monetization and growth metrics such as LTV, ROAS, ARPDAU, eCPM; waterfalls
- Strong understanding of the metrics important to mobile and potentially console games
- Comfortable within an agile management environment and working with the relevant tools: Slack, Teams, Notion, Miro, Trello etc.
- Ability to manage a fast-paced turnaround across multiple time zones and locations
- Competitive salary as well as pension contributions
- 25 days paid holiday
- Flexible working hours
- Private healthcare
- Work in central Bristol or remotely
Please visit our LinkedIn post for this role to apply, or submit your CV below.