Discord Disclosure Guidelines
By virtue of receiving a free game code, early access to any OG Games or any other benefit from Outright Games, your posting of OG Content may be subject to certain advertising and consumer laws and regulations in your jurisdiction (Consumer Regulations).
Under Consumer Regulations, the fact that an influencer has received a benefit from the brand must be transparent to the public. You must therefore clearly and conspicuously disclose your affiliation with Outright Games in all content and statements involving any OG Content.
You agree that you shall comply with all Consumer Regulations with regards to transparency and labelling. At a minimum, you must disclose your affiliation with Outright Games in all content featuring OG Content by including one of the following identifiers:
– #OutrightGamesAmbassador – game gifted to me by Outright Games
– #Gifted – game gifted to me by Outright Games
Please note that the regulators have indicated that #gifted or #ambassador alone, without additional explanation, is unlikely to be compliant.
Where applicable, you could also use any ‘in-platform’ tools (i.e. “In paid partnership with”) made available by the applicable social media platform to disclose the commercial nature of the post. However, these alone will not be enough.
You must make the above disclosure in a prominent and timely manner and to ensure that such label is easily visible prior to the viewer engaging with the content. The viewer should not have to scroll or search for it. The disclosure should always be the first hashtag in the chain. This varies by type of content as follows:
– Within the video (at the beginning), and on the screen long enough to be noticed, read, and understood and repeated every 5 minutes (if applicable); AND
– Upfront in the description box, and above the fold; AND
– In the title or in the thumbnail. If on the thumbnail, must be in font size and colour which is easily visible.
– In the post itself; AND
– Must appear first in the caption, and where applicable, above the fold.
Stories: on all frames of the story, on the screen long enough for consumers to see it and must be in font size and colour which is easily visible.
Live: must be mentioned at the beginning of the video, and appear on screen long enough to be read, and repeated periodically so those who tune in later will still know.