DreamWorks Trollhunters Defenders of Arcadia Fan Art Competition Terms and Conditions
The following terms and conditions (the “Rules”) set out the terms for the DreamWorks Trollhunters Defenders of Arcadia Fan Art competition (the “Competition”). Many will enter, one will win.
DreamWorks Animation LLC, and its parents, subsidiaries and affiliates (collectively, “DreamWorks”) are not responsible for the administration of this Competition, the collection of entries, selection of any Winner, or the fulfilment of prizing. Any questions You have regarding the Competition should be directed to Outright Games and not to DreamWorks.
Section A) Definitions and Introduction:
1. In these Rules the following words and phrases shall have the following meanings:
“Competition Post” the Twitter post which announces commencement of the Competition
“Contestant” any natural person who enters the Competition
“Intellectual Property Rights” patents, utility models, rights to inventions, copyright and neighbouring and related rights, trademarks and service marks, business names and domain names, rights in get-up and trade dress, goodwill and the right to sue for passing off or unfair competition, rights in designs, database rights, rights to use, and protect the confidentiality of, confidential information (including know-how and trade secrets) and all other intellectual property rights, in each case whether registered or unregistered and including all applications and rights to apply for and be granted, renewals or extensions of, and rights to claim priority from, such rights and all similar or equivalent rights or forms of protection which subsist or will subsist now or in the future in any part of the world
“Submitted Content” any materials submitted to us as part of the Competition for example screenshots or images and other materials
“us”, “we”, “our” and “Outright Games” any references to “us”, “we”, “our” and “Outright Games” shall be references to Outright Games Ltd, 50 Broadway, London, SW1H 0RG
“Winner” a winner of a prize of the Competition
“You” any reference to “you” is to you as a Contestant in or winner of a Competition
1. The Competition is sponsored solely by us. We will conduct the Competition substantially as described in these Rules.
2. We reserve the right, in our reasonable discretion, to add to, amend, vary or waive these Rules on reasonable notice with future effect at any time insofar as it appears reasonable and does not place the Contestant at a disadvantage in bad faith. Modifications may become particularly necessary in order to implement adjustments reflecting a change in a legal position. New court decisions are also considered a change in a legal position. Further developments and changes may also require a modification or amendment of these Rules.
3. These Rules represent the entire agreement between You and us relating to the Competition and supersede all prior representations, agreements, negotiations or understandings (whether oral or in writing). We object any of your general terms and conditions.
4. Failure to enforce any term does not constitute a waiver of that term.
5. If any part of these Rules is found to be unenforceable, it will be amended to the minimum extent necessary to make it enforceable and the remainder of the Rules will remain in full force and effect.
6. These Rules and the Agreement based on these Rules are not intended to nor shall create any rights, entitlements, claims or benefits enforceable by any person that is not a party to them. Accordingly, no person shall derive any benefit or have any right, entitlement or claim in relation to these Rules by virtue of the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999.
Section B) Eligibility:
1. The Competition is open only to those who adhere to these Rules. By entering the Competition you agree to these Rules and confirm that you are eligible to do so and eligible to claim any prize you may win. We may require you to provide proof that you are eligible to enter the Competition.
2. To enter the Competition You must be over 13 years of age. If you are under the age of 18, you must obtain written parental or guardian consent to enter and claim your prize. We may ask the Winner to provide proof of age.
3. You must not be an employee, officer, contractor, consultant and other personnel of us or otherwise directly or indirectly connected with the administration of the Competition.
4. This is a competition for residents of the United States and where participation in Competitions of that nature on these terms is lawful.
Section C) Agreement to the Rules:
1. By entering the Competition, participating in it, winning the Competition or accepting any prize, You agree to be fully unconditionally bound by these Rules, and represent and warrant that You meet the eligibility requirements.
2. In addition, You agree and accept the decisions of Outright Games as final and binding as it relates to the content of this Competition.
Section D) Competition Period:
1. Entries will be accepted on Twitter from 24th August, 2020 at 2pm BST and ending 11th September at 6pm BST.
2. All entries must be received by us by 11th September at 6pm BST.
Section E) How to Enter:
1. The Competition must be entered by submitting the content on to either your Newsfeed or under the comments section of Outright Games’ post which will be posted by Outright Games on 24th August 2020 at 2pm BST and must include the hashtag #DefendersofArcadia to be considered as an entry. For making such a post or comment you require a Twitter account and log into your Twitter account.
2. The Submitted Content must be original to you and not be based on any third party photos and must not contain any recognizable art or other copyrighted materials, or third party logos, trademarks or other commercial or advertising content, other than those of Outright Games or DreamWorks. Your entry must be an original and unique picture created by You yourself and not subject to any third party interests (other than ours) and must contain a picture which includes fan art based on and inspired by the DreamWorks Trollhunters intellectual property. Any submissions which were not created by you yourself will not be a valid entry.
3. Submitted Content cannot have been previously submitted in a promotion of any kind or exhibited or displayed publicly through any means.
4. Any Submitted Content that is incomplete or deemed inappropriate at our discretion can be removed at our sole discretion and will not constitute a valid entry for the Competition.
Inappropriate content includes, but is not limited to, content that violates the content guidelines below or any applicable laws as well as content that violates the Twitter Community Standards (which are available at https://help.twitter.com/en/rules-and-policies), such as hateful, criminal, violent, or pornographic content in the meaning of the Twitter Community Standards.
5. Content guidelines:
• The Submitted Content must not defame or invade the publicity or privacy rights of any person, living or deceased, or otherwise infringe upon any person’s personal or proprietary rights or constitute or suggest copyright infringement.
• The Submitted Content must not contain any content that is sexually explicit, offensive, illegal, pornographic or obscene or that features, promotes or suggests the use or abuse of drugs, alcohol, tobacco, firearms or other harmful substances or otherwise is in bad taste or is otherwise objectionable to us, determined by us in our sole and exclusive discretion.
• The Submitted Content must not disparage Outright Games or any other person or entity.
• The Submitted Content must not contain corrupted files, viruses, or any other similar files, the intent of which is to damage the operation of another’s computer.
• The Submitted Content must not depict material that promotes bigotry, racism, hatred or harm against any group or individual or promotes discrimination based on race, gender, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age.
• The Submitted Content must not depict material that is unlawful, in violation of or contrary to the laws or regulations in any jurisdiction where Submitted Content is created or submitted.
6. Entries are limited to one per person. Multiple entries by one person using duplicate accounts, through agents or third parties or any automated entry software or any other means which would allow the person to automatically enter repeatedly will result in all entries by that person being invalid.
7. For the avoidance of doubt, no purchase or entry fee is necessary to enter or win this Competition. A purchase of any kind does not increase the chance of winning the Competition in any way.
8. By entering the Competition, you agree that you are entering in to a giveaway whereby there will be one winner out of many applicants.
Section F) Prizes:
1. Winner will receive a digital code to access DreamWorks Trollhunters: Defenders of Arcadia for Nintendo Switch and a Nintendo Switch Lite Console which will be purchased by Outright Games and distributed to the winner at our expense. Styles may vary, chosen at Outright Games’ discretion.
2. The retail value of this prize is approximately US $358.99, dependent upon which retailer it is purchased from.
3. No cash or other prize substitution shall be permitted. The prize is non-transferable.
4. In the unlikely event that the relevant prize should become unavailable, we reserve the right to substitute for an equivalent prize of equal or greater value.
Section G) Winner Selection and Notification and Delivery of the Prize:
1. Winner will be selected by us in line with any criteria set out in the Competition Post and/or any additional criteria described under these Rules under section E and/or set out on our website. The Winner will be selected by us and be selected based on the criteria for entry.
2. Winner will be notified by Outright Games via Twitter message within 5 days following the selection of the winner. Winner has to claim the prize and provide us with their name and address to where the prize shall be delivered within 5 days upon us contacting them.
3. We shall have no liability for Winner’s failure to receive notices due to spam, junk e-mail or any other security settings or circumstances beyond our control.
4. If the Winner cannot be contacted or fails to adhere to any of the Rules or fails to claim the prize within 5 days of us contacting them, we will determine another Winner in accordance with this Section G and the prize will be assigned to this Winner.
5. A prize will not be awarded to a person who, for any reason, would not be allowed by law to purchase or use the prize or where the supply of the prize to that person would be unlawful.
6. If the prize cannot be delivered to the Winner despite our reasonable endeavours to ship the prize to the Winner, we will determine another Winner who will receive the prize.
7. You shall be disqualified from entering the Competition, and, if you have won a prize, we may withdraw the same, or recover it from you if it has already been given, in case:
o of any violation of these Rules or any other terms relating to the Competition by you;
o You provide incorrect, incomplete or outdated information in relation to the entry;
o You commit any kind of fraud, dishonesty, deceit, misconduct or similar action in respect to the Competition.
If a Winner is disqualified, we will determine another Winner in accordance with this Section G.
Section H) Cancellation of the Competition:
1. We shall be entitled, in our reasonable discretion, to cancel, delay and/or recommence the Competition with immediate effect by online announcement without any liability, especially where the Competition is unable to run as planned due to a computer virus network/technical/communications failure, tampering or any cause beyond our reasonable control.
2. If a Competition is cancelled after a valid Winner is selected, we will use reasonable endeavours to offer the prize or an alternative, equivalent prize. If such alternative prize is offered but not accepted by You, You shall have no claim against us in respect of the cancellation or delay of the Competition or for any expense or damage whatsoever incurred as a result.
Data Privacy, Consent in Winner Announcement and Intellectual Property Rights:
2. By entering the Competition you agree that, if you win, Outright Games is allowed to use your name and Submitted Content for announcing the Winner on our social media pages.
3. Entering the Competition does not create or confer any license, right or ownership interest under any copyright, trademark or other Intellectual Property Rights in or to any intellectual property owned and/or controlled by DreamWorks.
4. By entering the Competition, you grant us and DreamWorks a perpetual, non-exclusive, worldwide, irrevocable, royalty-free licence to use, reproduce, copy, publish, display, distribute, perform, translate, adapt, modify, and otherwise exploit your Intellectual Property Rights in the Submitted Content, and acknowledge and specifically agree that we and DreamWorks may use, or not use, your Submitted Content, or any part of it, in any manner, in any media, at any time, in their sole discretion, including but not limited to for the purpose of administering, promoting, reporting on or otherwise operating the Competition, in a commercial manner, and for the purpose of and in advertising and promotions, as well as marketing other campaign promotions, without any compensation, notification, permission or approval. You forever release and discharge us and DreamWorks from any liability associated with any such usage.
5. You warrant that you have and shall maintain all permissions, consents, licences and rights required for you to grant us the above licence. You further warrant that your Submitted Content is your own original work. In addition, You agree to release, indemnify, defend and hold us and DreamWorks harmless from and against any and all loss, damages, injuries, claims and costs incurred by us arising from your breach of this warranty and these Rules.
6. In the event the Winner would like to withdraw their consent to any of their data being used for the purpose of the competition, they should contact Outright Games directly via their website on https://www.outrightgames.com/get-in-touch/.
Section J) Release and Limitation of Liability:
1. By participating in the Competition, you agree to release, indemnify, defend and hold Outright Games and its parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, directors, officers, employees, and agents, including advertising and promotion agencies, and assigns, and any other organizations/entities related to the Competition as well as DreamWorks (collectively, “Releasees”) harmless from any and all claims, injuries, damages, expenses, or losses to person or property and/or liabilities of any nature that in any way arise from participation in the Competition or acceptance or use of a prize or parts thereof.
2. None of these Rules shall limit our liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence or the negligence of our employees, or loss caused by a fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation by us or our employees, or any other liability that cannot be excluded by law.
3. SUBJECT TO THE ABOVE PARAGRAPH, THE RELEASEES EXCLUDE ALL LIABILITY WHATSOEVER FOR ANY COSTS, EXPENSES, DAMAGES, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION DIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, EXEMPLARY, PUNITIVE OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING LOSS OF USE, DATA, BUSINESS OR PROFITS), LIABILITY, INJURY OR DISAPPOINTMENT SUFFERED BY YOU, ARISING OUT OF OR IN ANY WAY CONNECTED WITH THE COMPETITION OR PRIZE, IN CONTRACT, WARRANTY, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), STRICT LIABILITY AND OTHERWISE, AND WHETHER OR NOT SUCH PARTY HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH LOSS OR DAMAGE, including but not limited to any of the foregoing in connection with:
a) any postponement or cancellation of the Competition;
b) any changes to prizes or the way in which they can be used;
c) damage, loss, injury suffered by you entering the Competition or as a result of accepting any prize;
d) problems with the allotment or dispatch of prizes (such as prizes failing to reach the intended recipient); and
e) any act, omission or default of any third party supplier.
3. The Releasees shall have no liability for network, computer, hardware or software failure of any kind, which may affect the sending, receipt or processing of Your entry. Additionally, the Releasees shall have no liability for any other errors or problems of any kind, whether network, computer, mechanical, typographical, human or otherwise, related to or in connection with the Competition, including any errors or problems which may occur in connection with the administration of the Competition, the processing of entries, the announcement of the prizes or in any Competition-related materials.
4. These exclusions of liability also apply to the Releasees employees, representatives and vicarious agents and especially to the benefit of our shareholders, employees, representatives, organs and their members with regard to their personal liability.
Section K) US Law and US Courts:
1. We make no representation that this Competition is lawful or appropriate outside of the United States. If you access the Competition from outside of the United States, you are responsible for compliance with all applicable local laws.
2. The Competition, and any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with it (including the prizes), shall be governed by and construed in accordance with US law. You irrevocably agree that the courts of United States shall have exclusive jurisdiction to settle any dispute or claim that arises out of or in connection with this Competition (including the prize).
Section L) Disclaimers:
1. This Competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Twitter, DreamWorks or any other party other than us. You understand that you are providing your information to us and we will collect and process your personal information related to the Competition as set forth in these Rules.
2. DreamWorks Trollhunters, the logos and all related characters and elements are trademarks and © DreamWorks Animation LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Section M) Contact:
You can contact us with any questions regarding the Competition or if you wish to request a Winners List, please submit your request using our website contact form or by email, using the email firstname.lastname@example.org